But what also drives patient satisfaction is what surrounds the patient care. It’s the person, the process, the facility, and communications. In the article 6 Ways Spine Surgery Centers Can Increase Patient Satisfaction, many of these types of factors are addressed. Here are their 6 key recommendations with our interpretations:
- Communicate with patients throughout the process – Manage perceptions during those wait times; help to relieve anxiety through communication.
- Pick the right support staff – It’s easier to train on a skill than on an attitude; make sure employees with great attitudes, organizational skills, and communication skills are the ones that are customer-facing.
- Cater to caregivers – Realize the link between employee satisfaction and the experience those employees provide to their customers.
- Follow up – Confirm satisfaction, identify issues, and expedite issue resolution.
- Take feedback seriously – Use the feedback not just to address that one situation, but also use it to implement permanent solutions to recurring issues.
- Only work with likeminded third parties – Realize that partners’ performance reflects on you; partner with those that share your customer service philosophy.
To satisfy the patient, create strategies that go well beyond the patient care.
Interested in improving your patient satisfaction? Check out: http://cssamerica.com/csshealth.htm