Patient care is a huge driver of patient satisfaction in any healthcare business. The patient and family want you to alleviate their pain, address their malady, and fix their broken bones.
But what also drives patient satisfaction is what surrounds the patient care. It’s the person, the process, the facility, and communications. In the article 6 Ways Spine Surgery Centers Can Increase Patient Satisfaction, many of these types of factors are addressed. Here are their 6 key recommendations with our interpretations:
- Communicate with patients throughout the process – Manage perceptions during those wait times; help to relieve anxiety through communication.
- Pick the right support staff – It’s easier to train on a skill than on an attitude; make sure employees with great attitudes, organizational skills, and communication skills are the ones that are customer-facing.
- Cater to caregivers – Realize the link between employee satisfaction and the experience those employees provide to their customers.
- Follow up – Confirm satisfaction, identify issues, and expedite issue resolution.
- Take feedback seriously – Use the feedback not just to address that one situation, but also use it to implement permanent solutions to recurring issues.
- Only work with likeminded third parties – Realize that partners’ performance reflects on you; partner with those that share your customer service philosophy.
To satisfy the patient, create strategies that go well beyond the patient care.
Interested in improving your patient satisfaction? Check out: http://cssamerica.com/csshealth.htm